9.12.2011

Dreamer

by David Lewis



Banging, clammering, frosted glass, muffled shouts
Beside me white wraiths give comfort
“We have the answer to World Peace”
No way to share, then ….

Nothing

Black sausages with red faces swaying
Rearing up to overwhelm
Purple clad person floats stage left
Disappears to the right...

Silence

Coloured orbs float around me,
Chamber filled with people
Gun pointed at me
A scuffle, a shot...

Blackness

Afar, red car draws up to a tower
Zoom in to follow driver
Round and round we climb
He jumps, I follow...

Flying

Earth races away from me
Whoosh
Halt
Behold awesome blue sapphire

Peace

Eyes open to
Chained by tubes and leads
Purple nurse greets me
“Hello” she says

And the work begins to get out of Intensive Care


originally posted at theexaminingroom.com